After all the planning and dreaming, (and quite possibly a very long wait!) once your holiday to Innahura Maldives Resort starts you will want to make the most of every single moment and capture beautiful snaps to preserve the memories long after your tan has faded.
If you look at photos on Instagram or in the glossy travel brochures and feel that yours don’t quite capture the magic, follow our simple tips to get great images:
– Wear light-coloured clothes – they give a good contrast to the tropical surroundings without causing a distraction.
– Sunglasses help to avoid the squints caused by bright sunshine if shooting during the day
– Make use of the ‘Golden Hour’ before sunset – the sun is lower in the sky and casts a beautiful and flattering golden light.
– Take care with composition – don’t chop off the subjects’ feet and always leave space for the scenery in the picture.
– Pay attention to the background – ensure that trees don’t appear to be sprouting from your subject’s head!
– Avoid unintentional photobombers – choose your time of day, reposition and wait if necessary – the results will be worth it.
– Get the horizon straight, it makes such a difference to the image.
– Natural is best – Innahura has the most amazing filter all of its own – nothing can match mother nature here in the Maldives and editing filters in can make your images look fake.
If you’d rather not leave it to chance and want the reassurance of at least some ‘out of this world’ images, our professional photography team from InnaFlash offer photo shoots where they take care of all the technicalities and you just enjoy the moment. We recommend booking ahead of time as it’s very popular. You can also use the Innahura Gifts site to purchase a photo voucher for loved ones to use during their holiday.